Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hello everybody!! I have never done a blog before let a lone posted a blog before so lets hope I do this right!  My name is Jake Scott.  I am a sophomore at BC majoring in Theology and Youth ministry and minoring in Philosophy.  Apparently I am pretty crazy, but I can live with myself and so can everyone else so I guess we will all make it.  Today started off just like the rest of the days we have been here with prayer, breakfast, sunscreen, and the awesome trip in the trucks to the community.  We are always met when we show up by children in the community who with their parents truly make our days amazing.  The work that we do for these people means more to them than we will ever know I believe.  I also think today that it finally hit everyone how incredible this community is.  The children who are not even living in the homes that we are building are helping build.  Sometimes it seems that they want to do it all.  The faith, hope, and charity found within this community is unlike any other community I have ever been in.  I thought my tear ducts had dried up from years of suppressing tears, but seeing this community and how incredible they are brings tears to my eyes.  I have never felt that I was a part of something this meaningful and important in my entire life.  I am touched daily between the work we do, the example of the people of the community, and the people we see on the drives to and from the community.  This is the most incredible experience I have been a part of in my life, and I truly desire to do anything I can to help here in El Salvador for the rest of my life.  Have a great night because I am going to go play some sardines with the awesome friends I have made down here.  Jake signing out. :)
-Jake Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment