Saturday, March 3, 2012

We made it! [Day 1]

Hey friends, family, followers! My name is Leslie Naden. I'm a graduating Senior at Benedictine College majoring in English and minoring in Art and Theology. This is my first time on the El Salvador Mission Trip, and I feel absolutely blessed to have made it here safely, thanks to the planning of everyone in charge and the prayers and support from all the sponsors. I'll probably be posting semi-frequently with photos from the thousands I am likely to be taking over the next week.

I got an early start this morning after trying to catch a few hours of sleep. Fr. Justin celebrated Mass for us before we took off for KCI. I got to watch the sun rise from our first flight to Atlanta. It was beautiful!

We had a short layover in Atlanta, but I was pretty impatient to board for El Salvador.


After a fairly bumpy flight, we touched down in El Salvador! From the flight, we had a pretty long wait to get through immigration and customs, but everything went smoothly: no missing luggage and no hold-ups!



We met up with the CFCA staff and began our trip to the CFCA Program Center in Santa Ana. As we drove along, I spent most of my time soaking in my surroundings: the smells, the sounds, the vividly colorful buildings, the varying architecture and landscape, the feel of the air, the vegetation, the people, and-- inevitably-- the other cars on the road.


Finally, we made it to the CFCA Program Center in Santa Ana. It's a brand-new facility, and we're the first group to have the privilege to use it. 
In case you were wondering whether we all made it, here we are! :]

We were provided a wonderful supper, settled in a little, gathered for night prayer, and then spent time enjoying the beautiful El Salvador night air before calling it a night.

More to come, inevitably! 
Peace,
Leslie




3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a nice trip so far. I would like to see some pictures of the new mission since we stayed at the old one last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice group photo,above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for sharing the pictures and your blogs are a great way for us to share this wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete